- WHO SAID think outside the box?
- What do you call someone who thinks outside the box?
- What is another term for creative thinking?
- What is an out of the box solution?
- What is another word for divergent?
- Why does creativity should be thinking outside the box?
- How do you start thinking outside the box?
- What does thinking outside the box mean?
- Why do we need to think outside the box?
- How do you think creatively?
WHO SAID think outside the box?
John AdairThe origins of the phrase “thinking outside the box” are obscure; but it was popularized in part because of a nine-dot puzzle, which John Adair claims to have introduced in 1969..
What do you call someone who thinks outside the box?
1. I would say the person can think outside the box. Or you could call them right-brained. And a more formal term that could not only describe the person but also describe their ideas and plans would be ingenious. having or showing an unusual aptitude for discovering, inventing, or contriving.
What is another term for creative thinking?
creative thinking fanciful fictive original creativeness inventive yeasty notional imaginative creativity productive originative. Antonyms.
What is an out of the box solution?
Out-of-the-box software is prepackaged software focused on handling the standard business processes of a specific type of company, or perhaps the specific business processes of an entire industry. A custom solution is a totally unique piece of software, developed to meet a specific, distinct need.
What is another word for divergent?
In this page you can discover 34 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for divergent, like: unlike, different, variant, diverging, deviating, conflicting, centrifugal, aberrant, atypical, radiating and separate.
Why does creativity should be thinking outside the box?
People suggest that those who can think outside the box (made of the nine dots) are more creative, because many cannot conceive of drawing a line that extends beyond the dimensions of the box. Hence, those who can think “outside-the-box” can go beyond the basic assumptions of conventional, [box-]bounded thinking.
How do you start thinking outside the box?
How to Think Outside the Box1 Ask a child what they would do. With their vivid imaginations, kids are natural innovators.2 Simplify it. … 3 Ask “What would I do differently if I were starting from scratch?” … 4 Ask why. … 5 Flex your brain muscles. … 6 Take a class. … 7 Freewrite. … 8 Draw a picture.More items…•
What does thinking outside the box mean?
: to explore ideas that are creative and unusual and that are not limited or controlled by rules or tradition To solve this puzzle, you’ll have to think outside the box.
Why do we need to think outside the box?
Learners don’t have to stay within the ‘box’ of formal learning. … And when learners are able to think outside the box, they become better thinkers; they’ll be better able to learn new things, come up with new strategies and create plans to implement all their new-found knowledge.
How do you think creatively?
6 Ways to Boost Your Creative ThinkingConsume content that’s way outside your comfort zone. … Write a 500 word article with no topic whatsoever. … Go see a movie in a movie theater. … Take a phone call with someone you don’t know. … Eat differently. … Do the “No Bad Ideas Brainstorming” exercise.